A comprehensive guide to the research paper font size
When you are writing a research paper, there are different guidelines that must be followed. These guidelines are there to ensure that your paper is easy to read and is organized and font size is one of these guidelines. Below you will learn the correct font size as well as everything else you need to know about writing the paper.
- If you are writing a paper, you have to know the right size paper to use. The standard is 8.5 x 11”.
- The margins on your paper should all be 1” on all sides.
- The spacing in the paper should be double spaced throughout the entire paper.
- All text should be flush left and the right side is uneven because of the length of each word.
- At the beginning of each paragraph, there should be a 1/2” indentation or 5 spaces.
- At the end of each sentence there should be one space or two if your teacher instructs you to do so.
- Each page should be numbered with your last name and page number and this should be flush right on every page.
- Title pages can vary from instructor to instructor, so check with them to see how they want you to do it for your paper.
- And of course the font, font size is always 12 point and most instructors want either Times New Roman or Courier font for the paper.
This guide will help you with the font size as well as everything else you need to know about writing a research paper. There are different ways to complete this kind of paper and it is usually up to the instructor on how they want it to be complete, but this will help you if you aren’t given clear instructions on how to write it.